Private Mental Healthcare in Surrey and Berkshire
Welcome to my home page. Hopefully this will be your first step in getting the help you need. I am based at The Priory Hospital, Woking and also consult at the Cardinal Clinic, Windsor.
I have over 20 years of experience treating a wide range of psychological problems in adults especially:
Some important facts about mental health problems
- They are just as real and important as physical illnesses
- Many of them do in fact have physical causes
- Some can affect a person's physical health
- They are very common
- Many people will have some form of psychiatric condition during their life
- They are very treatable and in most cases people can, and will, get better
- Thankfully the public is becoming more educated and more understanding
- Getting treatment early is really important to speed up the time to recovery
Dr Loughlin's approach to treatment
- Holistic, and not focussed just on a diagnosis
- Working in partnership with patients with respect and empathy
- Ensuring sensitivity to the cultural diversity of patients
- Being non-judgmental
- Providing a completely confidential service
- Recommending psychological treatment before medication when safe to do so
- Working with a small number of highly experienced and trusted psychologists
- Helping patients with work-related stress and advising their employers
- Always aiming for patients to make a complete recovery
About Dr Paul Loughlin
- Graduated in Medicine from Bart's Hospital in 1992
- Became a member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists in 1997
- On GMC specialist register for General Adult & Older Adult Psychiatry from 2001
- NHS consultant psychiatrist in Berkshire from 2001 to 2015
- Started working in full-time in private practice in 2015
- Member of the following organisations
- Royal College of Psychiatrists
- British Association for Psychopharmacology
- The Independent Doctors Federation
Dr Loughlin also consults in Farnham and Guildford
"We are so grateful to you for all the care you gave me. I have made a miraculous recovery."
Ms. D Oxfordshire
"I feel more than fortunate that I was introduced to you for this particular problem and I am grateful for your guidance and attention to my needs along the way."
Mr R Hertfordshire
"My husband has made a big improvement since you changed the drugs and we are hoping for a much happier New Year."
Mrs T, Berkshire
"I am fortunate to have you as a psychiatrist. You have also been a friend and family member. Thank you for helping me to live again."
Mr S, Middlesex
"In 1966 my then doctor told me to see a well known Harley Street Psychiatrist who said it (medication treatment) would "revolutionise" my life. For over 30 years it did. You have done the same thing. I feel great. Thank you for your kindness."
Mrs B, Berkshire