Independent Psychiatric Care
Welcome to my home page. Hopefully this will be your first step in getting the help you are looking for. I have over 20 years of experience treating a wide range of psychiatric conditions in adults especially:
I have over 20 years of experience treating a wide range of psychological problems in adults especially:
Some important facts about mental health problems
- They are very common
- Many of them do in fact have physical causes
- Some can affect a person's physical health
- They are just as real and important as physical illnesses
- Many people will have some form of psychiatric condition during their life
- They are very treatable and in most cases people can, and will, get better
- People are becoming more educated and more understanding of these problems
- Getting treatment early is really important to speed up the time to recovery
My approach to treatment
- Taking an holistic approach, and not focussed just on a diagnosis
- Working in partnership with patients with respect and empathy
- Being sensitivity to the cultural diversity of patients
- Being non-judgmental
- Providing a completely confidential service
- Recommending psychological treatment before medication when safe to do so
- Working with a small number of highly experienced and trusted psychologists
- Helping patients with work-related stress and advising their employers
- Always aiming for patients to make a complete recovery
- Ability to offer a choice of day-patient and in-patient care facilities that will best suit your needs
About Dr Paul Loughlin
- Graduated in Medicine from Bart's Hospital in 1992
- Became a member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists in 1997
- On GMC specialist register for General Adult & Older Adult Psychiatry from 2001
- NHS Consultant Psychiatrist in Berkshire from 2001 to 2015
- Full-time private practice from 2015
- Member of the following organisations
- Royal College of Psychiatrists
- British Association for Psychopharmacology
- The Independent Doctors Federation
I assess and treat patients living mainly in Surrey, the Thames Valley and London. I admit patients to Priory Hospital Woking, Cardinal Clinic and Life Works Community. All three clinics are set within attractive grounds and are within an hour's travel time from central London.
"We are so grateful to you for all the care you gave me. I have made a miraculous recovery."
Ms. D Oxfordshire
"I feel more than fortunate that I was introduced to you for this particular problem and I am grateful for your guidance and attention to my needs along the way."
Mr R Hertfordshire
"My husband has made a big improvement since you changed the drugs and we are hoping for a much happier New Year."
Mrs T, Berkshire
"I am fortunate to have you as a psychiatrist. You have also been a friend and family member. Thank you for helping me to live again."
Mr S, Middlesex
"In 1966 my then doctor told me to see a well known Harley Street Psychiatrist who said it (medication treatment) would "revolutionise" my life. For over 30 years it did. You have done the same thing. I feel great. Thank you for your kindness."
Mrs B, Berkshire